Starting your garden might be scary, it may seem like a tedious task, but once you start – you will get the hang of it. It is satisfying to grow your herbs, just snipping the things you need whenever you need it, no need to buy small quantities every time you need it.
You may think that you will only get to plant these herbs if you have a big piece of land, but do not fret, these can be put in a small container because their prolific nature can be contained. You will have easy access if you put it near your kitchen.
Here are some herbs that you can easily plant:
- Rosemary: You can use it whether it is fresh or dried. This plant likes to have its space and loves to be dried out between watering; other plants do not like the same treatment. It is best to grow this in a pot, so you can quickly move it whether the weather is too cold or too hot.
You can use this as holiday gifts and can be used as a pizza topping, together with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Thyme: We prefer to use this for winter stews and summer meat grilling marinades. You can use this for edging beds or place in front of a mixed container planting. The tip for you to know if it is ‘ready’ if you can see it, it is READY.
- Sage: This plant may get quite extensive and quite woody, you just need to cut it back regularly to maintain its size. You can surely put in any container. The best use that I can give you is to infuse it with white beans to it. It will surely taste yummy!
- Lemon Balm: This is without a doubt the best thing you can plant. It is very easy to manage, and you will just need to trim the leaves, and can be used as either fresh or dried. Use it with a strainer and make your favorite cup of tea!
- Parsley: This can practically grow in any season. It can survive the coldness of winter and the superior hotness of summer. You can chop it and sprinkle over any dish possible, what best is that is filled with more vitamin C than any other food.
- Basil: This is one of the best plants you can grow anywhere, a plus factor is that it smells nice if you walk by past it. It can grow in any weather so you can harvest anytime! A tip is for you to pinch off the flower heads so that you will get new leaves all seasons. You can use on everything! Salads, pesto, pizza, and sauces. Your guests will surely love the improved sumptuous dish!
Head on to your nearest supermarket and buy those seeds and start planting, this can turn into your hobby that you will certainly enjoy for a long time. Don’t forget to always check updates here on our website because we are the best home and garden blog in South Florida